Monocoat Fumed is a pre-treatment which makes wood turn grey. Fumed reacts to the amount of tannic acid present in the wood creating a unique, special effect. Monocoat oils should be applied after the fumed treatment to complete the finish and surface protection. Monocoat Fumed is a user friendly solution which does not release any toxic fumes our vapours.
- Produces a greying effect on oak
- Pretreatment for Monocoat Oil Plus
- Environmentally friendly: No toxic vapours or fumes
- Sand the wood to prepare the surface
- Remove all dust
- Apply Moncoat fumed to the wood surface with a roller, brush or spray gun. For a more uniform effect, ensure that the entire surface is saturated.
- Once dry, clean the surface with clean, damp cloths
- Allow the wood to fully dry
- Remove raised grain by polishing the surface with a buffer
- Ensure surface is dust free again
- Apply Monocoat Oil Plus